1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pats fans petition Goodell to investigate last 1:40 of Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There were fewer undersignees than the one to get Herman Moore into the Hall of Fame.

2. Sorry, the place doesn't appeal to you KOBM.

Good luck in finding a site that meets your standards.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

The way I'm reading it, the petitioner assumes the Giants would have let the entire 40-second play clock expire before running their next play.

I'm going to start a petition demanding that anyone who wants to start an Internet petition must first pass an intelligence test...

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This thread has become Fail, destroyer of worlds.

5. You started it. :p

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

King, I've been hearing about the decline and fall of this site going back to when Anon 6:23 pointed it out to Anon 5:45 on the old sportspages.com site.

It's not smug, it's lame. Cry me a river lame.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, either you've been here under a different name, or your definition of "participation" includes one post every ten days or so.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What was that about shades of grey?

9. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Hey, it just seems to me you're getting worked up over this based on your own implications and preconceived notions. I would assume everyone here is intelligent enough to realize that there are, of course, wonderful Patriot fans who aren't incessant whiners. I take a statement like "fucking Pats fans" as "these particular Pats fans." But because we didn't see such statements implied the same way, I'm not going to act like I'm better than you: hence the smug comment.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I disagree. No doubt winning has exacerbated the situation, but the reputation Boston fans have is not solely a product of winning. To some extent it may be a regional northeast thing, as Philly and NY fans seem to have similar reputations, but Boston fans generally came across as a disproportionately obnoxious, rude and paranoid lot even before these rings started pouring in. The winning just added a new level of fuel to that fire.

And, btw, there are plenty of cities that have won recent world championships WITHOUT their fan bases becoming known for their insufferability (Indianapolis, St. Louis, San Antonio etc.). Winning might help explain it, but it sure ain't the whole explanation.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I don't like seeing KOBM beat up so much, since he is a good dude.

Dangerous_K, I can see where people wouldn't think the wisecracks are targeted at a select number of Pats fans. It's gotten pretty petty here at times. At the same time, I dish out enough crap myself, so I know that you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Easy to lose that perspective at times, though (and I've done that myself, I'm not above the fray).

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The inferiority complex is a lot of this. Chanting "Yankees suck" every five seconds is the highlight of it. And it's usually done by drunken foofs. (I've joined in during some non-sober moments, until I realized what an idiot I was.)

Draft saved Draft deleted