1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pats fans petition Goodell to investigate last 1:40 of Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 8, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The funniest thing about this are the people who signed the petition for the sole reason of slapping the Pats fans around.

To wit: 155. Michael Strahan -- WE STOMPED YOU OUT!!

Or: 148. PATRIOTS SUCK ASS -- You stupid lowlife losers. YOUR COACH GOT CAUGHT CHEATING and your wanting to try and whine about this? YOU GUYS got the benefit from the clock, not the Giants. Now go cry in chowdaa you douchebags

2. That's why I don't listen to WEEI. The petition is as pathetic as it gets, but it's nearly matched in its humor by what's transpired on this board Re: the New England Patriots the last few weeks.

My point is, I think it's possible for Pats fans such as the ones who signed the petitions to be mouth-breathing morons, while AT THE SAME TIME joined in the shallow end of sports culture by people who sit back and smirk knowingly after taking shot after shot at anybody they can think of on here.

3. Nothing is matched in humor by your whining posts.

Well done, fanboi.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, that was remarkably lame.

For the record, I don't hate the Pats. I don't care about the Pats. So please, before you try to accuse me of hating the Pats, know what you're trying to talk about.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, this is just another effort from Pats fans to prove they have overtaken New Yorkers as the most obnoxious fans in America.

They are so jaundiced in their view that they are actually acting as though some great injustice was done, when all it is is a football game. There are good uses for petitions, such as the one stickied at the top of this board. This is not one of them, and those that came up with it and the others that signed it should be mocked for it.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You just know most of these Pats fans (and probably radio jockeys) are crowing about how many people have signed the petition. It has to be valid. Goodell has to take a look at this now.

7. Good lord. Did you just find out about that word? Is this the "playing with my new toy on Christmas Day" phase of your vocabulary? Oh, but, hey, call me a fanboy, because that's definitely better than actually addressing the idiocy that's turned this board to shit the last 12 months. Yup, keep to the message, always works better than thought.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I can buy that a little more.

There is a lot of Patriot hatred in these parts, but realize that Hoodie brought some of it on himself. No need to get angry.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One problem with this petition (aside from the obvious) -- it assumes the Giants drives would continue as it were with less time on the clock, as opposed to them running deeper routes to pick up more yards with less time on the clock. I doubt Manning would throw an out route at the 30 with four seconds to play (if that were how the drive would break down, according to these guys).

If the clock were still running, everything that happened from that point on would have been altered in some way.

10. Funny thing is I agree with that. But hey, I disagreed with people on here, so I must be a fanboi. Continue on, folks, it's a hell of a laugh.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

But Pats fans can't see that looking through their team-sponsored hoodies.

12. No anger here. I've got my own thoughts on how people regard Belichick on here, but I'll keep them to myself lest the torch-and-pitchfork crowd shows up at my door clamoring for my fanboi ass. Regardless, this is an inherently stupid petition, I just thought it would be fun to question why so many intelligent and professional folks on this board would trip over themselves to denigrate it. And I was right.

Draft saved Draft deleted