1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pats fans petition Goodell to investigate last 1:40 of Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 8, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Next time you post, please make sense.
    Love,
    The entire SportsJournalists.com population.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

fixed

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't count on that hapenning, Mark

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Christ, man, I like you and I'll always buy you a beer, but STFU when it comes to this.

The boo-hooing of Boston fans -- the topic still hasn't changed on WEEI -- makes me ashamed to be from here.

5. Don't worry, it made plenty of sense. I've had a bunch of practice.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Was Bedside's post in English?

I don't have my Stupid-to-English dictionary handy, so if someone could please try to explain what in the blue hell he failed so miserably to say, that'd be super.

7. And wick reminds me that I don't hate all Pats fans.

Just most of them. ;D

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

As I recall, after Jacobs made the 4th down run, the clocked stopped--some confusion over whether to measure or not. They didn't measure, awarded the first down, and it took a while to start the clock.

I also believe somewhere around the 8 minute mark, there was a play run where the clock didn't move at all.

The net result of all this: Patriots would have less than 35 seconds to work with to try and counter the Giants go ahead TD.

9. Goodness, have y'all read the signatures on the petition? There are some classics on there!

10. Guess I'll dumb it down for the Ranger fan (an understandable necessity, on reflection).

You guys love nothing better than to bash people who know less than you about sports. Especially when those folks root for a team you don't like. So this thread will be the perfect chance for y'all to puff your chests and make your snide remarks about Pats fans and their lyin', cheatin' team (which, oops! Happens to play in a league FULL of lyin', cheatin' teams). Secondly, Mr. beat referred to people with too much time on their hands. I submitted the opinion that the Distinguished Gentleman from Pennsylvania, Mr. Specter, would qualify for such a designation.

How's that? Dictionaries down?

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No, they are worse than yankee fans now, especially when you factor in that Sox and Pat fans are largely the same people. Yankee fans are full of obnoxious braggarts that love to rub it in, no doubting that, but they don't couple it with that weird whiny, paranoid, persecution complex that seems endemic to the Boston sports fan culture.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Some of them are from KSK readers having some fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted