1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pats are 24 point favorites against the Jets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 10, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Prediction: New York 31, New England 27.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Mikey, my man, as a Jets fanboi looser, I hope you're right. But I fear that this will be an all-time asswhipping.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You're not giving the Pats enough credit, 100-3

4. 76-0. Twice the points they scored last game against them. Belichick has a habit for creative payback. Remember the Bills beating them on the first game of the 2003 season 31-0?

Brady's playing the whole game and beating the TD record.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

All I know, the books have to get their cash back at some point.

One of these nights ... POW! Right in the kisser!

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I told my brother-in-law this a couple days ago and said it again today, I have a feeling the Jets will win this game; I won't be surprised a bit. However, if they're blown out by 30 points, that's not going to shock me, either.

There is no logic to my decision. It's just a feeling I've got.

And right after the Jets win, Mangini fucking decks Belichick in the throat and never coaches another series in the NFL. But he'll sleep so well at night.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Cumberland finally gets off the hook and Wikipedia gets a new entry on Monday for

Most Lopsided Game in College Football History

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_v._Cumberland,_1916

Patriots 223 Jets 0

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

For all their high scoring, the Pats have won only three games this year by more than 24 points.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see what the line is when the Pats play the Dolphins.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

If Mangini doesn't turn around the Jets, I think it would be a long time before he's a head coach again, decking or no decking.

If I'm an owner or GM, I'm thinking twice about hiring a guy who
    A) Is considered in some circles to be a rat.
    B) Will draw the full wrath of Belichick and Belichick supporters (Billick, for instance).
    D) Doesn't have much of a support system (he could have, but he let it go when he opted to coach the Jets).
    C) Coached a team to 4-12.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't have a dog in this fight but let me address those points:
    A)Please don't tell me you'd ever let that affect your hiring process.
    B)So now you're running scared of other coaches in the league? Billick? Really?
    C) I'm not sure what to make of this one. I'm not sure what you mean and I don't have any knowlege of his "support system."
    D) George Halas once went 3-8-1. Tom Landry was once 0-11-1. Bill Walsh was once 2-12. Jimmy Johnson once went 1-15. Hell, even Belichick has a pair of 5-11 seasons under his belt. Not that Mangini is close to any of those guys, but to say he won't be a head coach again for a long, long time (especially after going 10-6 last season and making the playoffs) is asinine.

And I don't even like the Jets.

12. Make that five.

Draft saved Draft deleted