1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patriots latest: P. King on Spygate; Mike Vrabel 'classless'?; Harrison on FSR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 10, 2007.

1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Ok, I think I get what you're saying & right JDV is not banned anywhere (especially the places that KNOW he is legit & read/watch his stuff & appreciate it).

Thank you for confirming that TSP

John

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

As far as Vrabel goes, he was clearly pushed down by an offensive lineman. It was towards the end of the game, the defense didn't know the play was going to be a spike, so while the offense slowed their tempo down the defense played hard...Vrabel was blitzing, went for the QB, was pushed down by a lineman, and even hit late. I've seen the replay on TiVo a few times after wondering why the hell it appeared like Vrabel would go after Joe Thomas.

But of course, that is not reported, because well, it would take some shred of journalistic capability.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I care nothing about the Eagles, either way . . . but the site's trash. Looks like it was thrown together for about eighty cents, U. S., by some Cowgirl fanboy.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

And that's like 80 cents Canadian!

It's a sad site.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

My favorite passage. I'm guessing that this is the first time anyone ever put those 2 (Z & Jackson) together.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Re: Patriots latest: P. King on Spygate; Mike Vrabel 'classless'?; Harrison on

Here is a link to the full text of Carl Mayer's and Bruce Afran's class-action lawsuit filed against Bill 'Belicheat' Belichick and the New England Patriots in the wake of Spygate. It is the second item on the page, filed under:

"Friday, September 28, 2007

JETS FANS SUE PATRIOTS, BELICHICK

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY"

http://newjerseyuntouchables.blogspot.com/

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Re: Patriots latest: P. King on Spygate; Mike Vrabel 'classless'?; Harrison on

Mike Vrabel responded to the Cleveland Browns' Eric Steinbach's remarks stating that Vrabel was 'classless' after the Pats defender hit Steinbach's teammate Joe Thomas low on a meaningless play with just 11 seconds left in the game:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=288304

I don't play that way and I'm sorry that they feel that way, and we're going to move on.

The line "we're going to move on" seems to be all the rage in the Pats' locker room these days, however prematurely-applied it may be.

Vrabel drew support from teammate Rodney "Human Hormone" Harrison, not necessarily the first guy you'd want as your character witness:

Nothing's dirty on Mike except his underwear.

Vrabel also had this to say about his caught-in-the-act, cheating coach:

Bill is great for this team. He's great for the players.

The next time someone accuses a Pats player of being either dirty or a rulebreaker, remember that statement.

It is often said of NFL teams that they end up taking on the personality of their head coach.

For the sake of both the league and the Pats players, you hope such is not the case in New England.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

9. IU90

IU90 Member

I think I figured out the source of the excessive bolding in Roksi's posts: its because his hero Peter King does the same thing in all of his online columns. Rok must've figured, if PK does it for SI, I should do it for SJ.

And, to be honest, there's a part of me that will acknowledge that King (and Roksi) have a valid point on this: it's ridiculous that the league destroyed all the evidence when this is the same team that won 3 recent super bowls, NFL fans do deserve a truthful explanation and disclosure regarding to what extent this cheating was going on with the Super Bowl teams.

But, at the same time, its obvious that disclosure is never going to come, and the story is getting old. It deservedly should leave a bitter taste in NFL Fans mouths (especially Colt, Steeler, Eagle, and Panther fans) but its time to move on. There's too much else going on to remain obsessed with that story.

10. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Really though IU, I think most everyone has moved on. King's (and Rok's) sentiment is actually quite rare. I hear/read more about the sideline camera issue from people like Tom Curran and Bill Simmons who use it as a Straw Man argument for pumping up the Patriots.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

The bolding is also because Rok doesn't get that those are done by SI, not PK because they then link to other items about those people.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Boobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted