1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patriots-Giants headlines

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Left_Coast, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you give collinsworth way too much credit.

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Wait until we get Jack Buck for the Super Bowl.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I like ESPN's headline: "16 & Whoa!"

"The Giants played as if they had nothing to lose. But it was the Patriots who had everything to gain. And now, thanks to a furious fourth-quarter comeback, history is theirs."

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Does nothing for me.
    Bleh. Does nothing for me. If it's 19 and Whoa!, then sure. Maybe.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Broken Records: Pats Perfect Perfection

6. markvid

markvid Guest

When is the exhumation?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Being that I was a one-man show, again, I went with a large 16-0! with a subhed. Just didn't have time to make it all hotshot perty.

8. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

"Manning comes through for Pats"

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

And I thought gumble was monotone and boring, but now I'm really not looking forward to the Super Bowl.

10. I don't think Gumbel is monotone and boring. I think he's a fucking idiot. I've never watched a game where the play-by-play man gets so much routine information wrong. Jesus Christ, doesn't he do any prep work for the games he calls?

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I was more just making a joke based on somone else saying JACK Buck was calling the Super Bowl, which would be impressive given his current state. I do actually find Gumble a bit monotone. He doesn't really have that "announcer" presence in his voice.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

My favorite is Gumbel yelling out "He caught it! [long pause, then in a confused tone of voice] or did he? Nope. They're ruling he didn't catch it."

He calls and finalizes the play before the play is even over.

He did it three times last night. It's awful.

Another similar example was the confusing penalty call on the sideline late in the game when Gumbel was SURE Amani Toomer was flagged for something (the refs mistakenly called out the wrong number of the penalized player). During the replay, Gumbel just kept repeating "Keep your eye on Toomer. Keep your eye on Toomer." And, of course, Toomer did NOTHING.

I got the feeling even Collinsworth was getting pissed.

Draft saved Draft deleted