1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patriots cut WR night before Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Seems like a shitty move to me.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He could go against Julian Edelman during pregame warmups so Edelman could have some reps at defensive back.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

He was filming the Giants practicing, and Belichick doesn't tolerate that shit anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

WTF! Get your own avatar.

5. He will get ring if Patriots win, he will get full share win or lose and I'm guessing Patriots have him on sideline maybe even with his uniform jersey. Only get to use 46 players - Belichick is just maximizing his options of those 46.

Complete non-story. Why is the big deal about the guy who gets cut and not the guy who gets added?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It ain't gonna hurt nobody.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Coughlin was notorious for signing cut Steelers.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't understand why Belichik didn't just make Underwood an inactive player.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Because it's the Pats.

Always assume guilt.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think the only way to move a player from the active roster of 53 is to waive him. Once waived there is a 24 hour period in which other teams can claim waived player.
    If player is not claimed then current team can resign player to practice squad. Maybe that is what The Pats will do as their practice squad shows only 7 players when 8 is allowed.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think it's much more interesting to get the perspective of the guy who was this close to suiting up for a Super Bowl (even if he wasn't going to get much, if any, run) and then got cut at the last minute.

A reporter who watches the game with him? Man, that would make for a fascinating story, I bet.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Would have been really funny if the Giants claimed him off waivers.

Draft saved Draft deleted