1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patriots blogger burns bridges

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by big green wahoo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I read a few of those. It looks like a three-day slog of a blog entry. But that piece about Dillon being a piece of shit and going to jail one day? And the sex tape. And calling out Bruschi. Jesus.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OK, it wasn't as long as i thought. The comments were longer. Some comments are gold.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Wouldn't it be interesting if someone had secretly taped Belichick?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Piece is from what is (IMO) one of the more bizarre betting-advice sites, going.

Interesting, and no doubt a reflection of the author's true feelings . . . but what's he going to do for an encore?

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Yeah. Seems like he didn't exactly leave on his own?
    Day-amn.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The blog post itself seemed like it was written by a 17-year-old. It was stupid and immature and devoid of journalism.

And if you are going to give me some insight into the Patriots based on all your great super-secret access, how about telling me something specific, rather than your opinion about what a dick or a nice guy that people are or what sex-tape rumors you heard.

Dumbass.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't believe the part about Dillon, among other things. From what I've read, Dillon was eternally grateful for becoming a Patriot and getting to leave the mess in Cincy.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

SEXGATE

9. To paraphrase a quote from an ESPN media relations executive on Keith Olbermann's departure: "He didn't burn bridges, he napalmed them ..."

10. So, I figured, what the hell? This gambling site thing is going to last forever, and I'll never need or want to go back into actual sports journalism or work in the NFL, so why not?

(I would like the backstory on "the patsfans ordeal" if anyone knows it.)

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Some blogs are like that, I hear.

Draft saved Draft deleted