1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrick Swayze dying?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

It's true.

http://www.pagesix.com/

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

From that story, a quote which is extremely fucked up:

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's fucked up how so? B/c of the phrasing or just the sheer awful news of it all?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know I've been joking around on this thread, but my prayers to his family... I know he has several kids...

Awful news...

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The sheer awful news of it.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah that's hideous. That really, really sucks.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Wow, that really sucks. Prayers to him and his family.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Man, that's tough. Not a way to go. Prayers of healing, comfort and peace to him and his family.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If true, and sounds like it is, I apologize for the Fozzie picture.

Very sad news about Swayze.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

There's an update on that pagesix.com story from the doctor, who makes it sound like it's not as far along as feared. Although of the five or so people I've known who died of this, none of them lived more than a year after the diagnosis.

Actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment," his rep said in a statement. "Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.'

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Steve Jobs had pancreatic cancer a few years ago, survived, and kept it a secret until now:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news/companies/elkind_jobs.fortune/index.htm?eref=ib_topstories

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My fingers are crossed for Swayze and his family.

Draft saved Draft deleted