1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrick Roy at it again.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 23, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For the record, I had no idea about anything Terry Sawchuk other than him being at one time the victories leader when I posted my original statement.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

That's cool, Dooley. But there's no need for EE94 to turn it into something more.

3. rube

rube Active Member

Uh....ohhhh.

You better duck son.

4. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Patrick Roy smoked with his kid in the car.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fixed. :)

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Our French are different that France French. Our French are anything but quiet and meek.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, Flash, if someone wanted to take you away for the weekend, Montreal wouldn't be your first choice? Do I understand you correctly.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

If it had to be in la belle province, my choice would be Quebec City.

9. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Certain teams are a joke, yes, but the level of play improved this season.

More teams are gaining affiliations, which is good. It's also run much better than the ECHL, which is also good.

Those factors, combined with its centralized locations lead me to believe that in five years, the CHL will be ahead of the ECHL.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I don't think that father or son would have such anger issues if they would just change their name to Wa, so that people who speak 'Merican would know how the hell to pronounce it.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When Roy was traded to the Avs, a reporter asked coach Mark Crawford how long Patrick had been pronouncing his name "Rwaw".

Without missing a beat, Crawford replied, "Ever since he was a bwaw"

His name is difficult for English speakers because of the trilled "R". "Rwaw" is about as close I can get to a phonetic spelling.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It's even more difficult for 'Merican speakers.

Draft saved Draft deleted