1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrick Roy at it again.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Not much different than his dad then. Except every time he tried to fight, he got the shit kicked out of him.

And Brodeur didn't beat his wife, dools. He just fucked his sister-in-law.

2. rube

rube Active Member

Like father like son ... any word on whether or not junior does the statue of liberty puck hold and then drop it for a goal?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But somewhere amid my failery, the point stands.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

What? That hockey players are dogs? Jesus Christ, someone write a headline.

Ever hear of a guy named Wilt Chamberlain? Or Magic Johnson?

God forbid, they should screw a few women outside their marital boundaries, when they could be out packing heat, doing drugs and running gangsta lifestyles.

5. dooley_womack1

No, my point was that's it's a strange coincidence that the top two winning goalies have had incidents like they have on their record. The Sawchuk reference was an attempt at humor. No general statement about the 600 or so players in the NHL was intended.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not sure that Broduer boffing his sister-in-law and Roy hitting his wife are equal incidents.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Well, not much funny about it, if you're aware of the demons Sawchuk battled daily.

8. dooley_womack1

And I'm sure you're making a hellacious mountain out of a relative molehill.

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The Central Hockey League?

That league lives for goons to bring people in -- I saw more fights in one period of one game most nights than I've seen in three years of watching the junior team that replaced the CHL team here. The quality of play is beyond awful.

The only celebrities the league had were the goons -- Jerome Bechard, Doug Lawrence, et al.

10. rube

rube Active Member

ha stereotype much?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We're talking about the Canadian Hockey League. .

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Uh ... yeah ... or maybe you could sense the tone in which I wrote that ... ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted