1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrick Kane rape investigation dropped by DA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Please. That's the first, and sometimes only, play in the playbook when the shoe is on the other foot.

It's almost reflexive. It took, what, a day for it to happen in this case?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Did your mom ever tell you that two wrongs don't make a right?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are 300 million people in this country. A certain percentage of them believe that a woman must have been "asking for it" when she says she is raped. It's not the majority view. When Jackie Coakley sold Rolling Stone a bullshit story about being raped by seven fraternity brothers as part of an initiation ritual, the ratio of believers to skeptics was about 10,000 to 1.

4. Dick Whitman

Also, the Buffalo News story was relevant then, and it's relevant now. Sedita said in the interview that her story was not consistent with what employees of SkyBar told him they witnessed that night, which was a factor in his decision not to proceed.

5. MisterCreosote

Yeah. Don't make me answer for the sins of Jackie and Sabrina Erdely.

And cran, congratulations. You were raised better than I was.

I never said two wrongs make a right. But don't piss and moan about how I don't feel sorry for Kaner, who never even faced charges, when there are thousands of real victims out there, who were not, in fact, "asking for it" yet were slut-shamed into silence.

And I'm also not responsible for the mean things Neanderthal hockey fans say about him. It's life as a public figure and a douchebag.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Donny in his element likes this.
  6. cranberry

Nobody suggested that you should feel sorry for Kane. My objection is that you've been trying to make the ridiculous suggestion that he wasn't damaged and that, even if he was, so what? All based on some moral judgement you somehow feel entitled to make about the way he lives his life and your resentment of his money and celebrity.

7. Dick Whitman

The bite marks were "hickeys," and caused by Kane:

When asked by The Buffalo News if it was true that bite marks were found on the alleged victim's shoulders, Sedita answered:

"There were bite marks or so-called 'hickeys' on her shoulders. Kane likely caused them."

As Kane investigation ends, only two people know what happened - The Buffalo News

Cambria regarding the "stress and strain" on the alleged victim:

"Stress and strain? Every week, my office would get pictures sent to us of this young woman at parties and social occasions, living it up. ... I do not believe she was suffering stress and strain."

8. MisterCreosote

No. What I'm saying is that he wasn't "damaged considerably" because he can still live that life.

9. cranberry

I hope to god I'm never so minimally damaged.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You hang out here. Believe me, you're damaged.

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cops should probably take matters into their own hands to make the streets safer for the next 18 years.

YankeeFan, SnarkShark and JC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted