1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrick Kane: Problem child

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 10, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure hockey gossip deserves its own thread, but Kane is a top five talent in the NHL with a 10 cent head that keeps him (and his team) largely irrelevant. The latest, via Deadspin and, FWIW, anonymously sourced: "Kane got kicked out of the Kappa Sig party I was at for trying to choke a girl."

http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructing-patrick-kanes-drunken-weekend-in-madison

Also, in regards to this line: "Also, he drinks beer like a girl. He moves his whole arm up to his mouth and sips it."

Please clear this up for me: How else are you supposed to drink beer without moving your arm to your mouth?

2. Dick Whitman

BTW, nobody deserves to get choked, but I said it on the Big Ben thread and I'll say it again: These star fucker sorority girls are pathetic, too.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Alone, in your garage, just in case.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Via bong. Duh.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dick, this sounds pretty darn different from the Big Ben case. In this case the sorority was having a party and Kane went there -- it wasn't like Big Ben and friends invited them out and had them wear the DTF stickers and invited them into the bathroom and whatnot.

Here's one of the emails: Despite this, he showed up anyway and proceeded to get blackout drunk. Later, he relentlessly began hitting on a girl who wanted nothing to do with him—his response to this denial, attempt to choke her, which is what ultimately got him booted.

So she's at a party at her sorority, he hits on her and she tries to get away. Does that really sound like a star fucker?

6. Dick Whitman

Sorry, not her.

Lots of other anecdotes and photos in the Deadspin story about woo girls degrading themselves by falling all over a minor celebrity hockey player. Pathetic.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eh, if college girls and their elastic morals cease to exist, colleges won't last much longer.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Patrick Kane is a fratboy douche, and always has been. And I say that as a huge fan of his on-the-ice abilities.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Has Peggy fixed his credit card yet?

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

Never been to college. Played in OHL.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It is a figure of speech.

I can see the Hawks trading him this summer.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Dealt with him once as part of a commercial shoot Bauer was doing a few summers ago with a bunch of other NHLers. He was a completely insufferable pain in the ass. The other guys were great, Kane was captain douchebag.

Draft saved Draft deleted