1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Tillman's Birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Gehrig38

Gehrig38 New Member

You boys tripping over yourselves to gain the edge in your never ending good vs evil debate may have missed the most interesting development in Tillman post- check out the first reply:

Comment #29995 by Sandy on 10/20 at 8:22 am

Kevin: What a piece you have written. There is really nothing that one can add to your eloquence, except to say thank you and that I’m terribly sorry for your family’s loss and pain.

BTW - how do you know for sure it was written by Kevin Tillman?

2. And the evidence for the latter piece of speculation would consist of?

3. The latest reply from the Undersecretary For Desktop Warfare isn't even coherent, JR, and you've replied quite ably here but I think it's important to realize that he is a strong supporter of the US military in the abstract and in the vicarious, but not in the actual, bleeding literal sense. Otherwise, he would have noticed that it was an actual US soldier here criticizing the think-tank cowboys and resume warriors who played Risk with actual human beings, and who are now depending upon their dwindling band of media sycophants and tree-farming Thuycidideses to dodge their responsibility for the single biggest US foreign policy debacle in the past 50 years.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I have my doubts Kevin Tillman wrote that. All the thoughts are most probably his own, but it rides like a souped-up Corvette.

5. Well, he'll be on TV somewhere this week, so we'll see.
    Could be a ghost. No evidence yet, though, and I've never heard Kevin speak, but Pat seemed pretty well-read and articulate.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You don't think Olbermann is going to have Kevin on? KO would easily be my bet for which cable show picks him up first.

7. Your Holiness --

KO would be the obvious choice, and may well land him first, but I will be amazed if he doesn;t turn up on Fox. CNN will do a "where are they now?" segment on him 50 years from now, probably with the 125-year old Larry King.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

I agree that Fox is probably going to have him on. If you are Fox, do you go with a respectful interviewer (i.e. a newsman), like Shep Smith or Chris Wallace or even Brit Hume, who would only lightly challenge Kevin and is unlikely to make headlines? Or do you send him to O'Reilly or Inanity and Fold, where it is much more likely that an interviewer will really grill him and possible cause an uproar?

9. Yr Holiness ---
    I think they go with a one-on-one, but probably not O'Reilly. Smith is probably the best bet. Inanity And Fold --- which I am stealing -- is the second-day fandango, I think.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

What about Greta Van Susteren? Her show fits the interview mold the best -- I've watched Shep's shows and he doesn't really seem to do interviews. She is unlikely to cause a brouhaha and it would be in prime time.

11. Good idea.
    That I didn't think of her, though, makes me wonder about Greta's profile these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted