1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Tillman's Birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Let's take these one by one.

Cindy Sheehan has never incurred my wrath. I pity her. I think she has shown clear signs of being mentally unbalanced and that the people who would use an unbalanced woman who lost her only son and is recently divorced for their own ends are beneath contempt. I would also like to point out a fact that always gets lost when discussing Cindy Sheehan. her son Casey not only volunteered for duty he re-enlisted to go back to Iraq with his unit. He beleived in what he was doing and it was he who made not ultimate sacrifice. Now some people see fit to photograph his mother smiling while laying on his grave.

As far as "Swiftboating" or "whitewatering" - those are terms used by the MSM and repeated by the left to blind people to the fact that the Swift Boat veterans were telling the truth and deserved to be heard (I'll point out that Kerry never did fully disclose either his military records or him health records even though he is a cancer survivor - still can't believe the pass he was given by the hard hitting useless talking head MSM) and that there was wrong doing behind the White Water real estate deals (I grant that I think it was a minor matter but that doesn't change the fact that wrong doing was present).

Finally - that crack was not aimed at you but let me ask - did your uncles die in service of the US military? Because I clearly was speaking about service in the US military. And please don't give me that crap about "well what the US does effects us all" because even if it effects everyone I don't think we need you to be the mouthpiece of the world on every single thread about the United States.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Quite simply, one of the most offensive posts ever. As if my uncles' deaths don't matter because they didn't serve in YOUR military.

But it kinda explains why you don't care whether there have been 60,000 or 600,000 Iraqis killed in your favourite little chickenhawk war.

You are the walking embodiment of the Ugly American. Jingoistic, xenophobic, ignorant smarmy prick.

Fuck off, Chris.

3. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

He's very casual with other people's lives, using them in whatever way suits his agenda. It's happened again and again, and it's a true obscenity.

4. Back on track, although anyone who believes the noisy one has an ounce of "pity" for anyone who gets in the way of his Let's-Pretend-I'm-A-Soldier-Too toy war of which he's so fond needs their heads examined, Tillman's piece has gotten picked up around the blogosphere a little this morning. I doubt it will catch fire generally. Oddly enough, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him turn up on Fox. Remember, Rupert is, at bottom, a tabloid merchant and he values buzz and volume over anything else, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kevin, whose sentiments might not be polite enough for the nets or the boring old farts at CNN, turn up with Sean and the Meat Puppet, or (more likely) Shep Smith.

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Well, I see it's on ESPN's homepage.

6. You start threads on every link you can find and I'm the one who is noisy? Yeah right. Oh and for me not having any pity - I forgot that you are one of those writers who presume to put thoughts in their subjects head and emotions they may or may not feel into your stories. Par for the course.

JR - sorry if I have offended you but your sticking your nose in to anything American and never saying anything positive is an act that has worn thin with many around here - not just me. And you following Fenian around with your nose up his ass is not really flattering to you either. You and fenian hate America - we get it already.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Chris, as I have pointed out several times before, "things American"--like your favourite President's War--are international in scope. So spare me the "sticking my nose into anything American" nonsense. One more example of your cementhead xenophobia.

And since Canadian soldiers are losing their lives in Afghanistan--directly attributable to Bush the Younger's little side adventure in Iraq--I have as much right as you to comment on this topic.

And it's hard to come up with anything positive to say about the doofuses you have running things right now.

I don't hate America. But I pity people like you and your ignorant "America--Love it or Leave It" mindset.

8. JR - here's how your posts generally read

We get it already. Canada is a minor player in world affairs and you wish to play with the varsity.

9. Nobody was talking to you.
    Apologize, unreservedly, to JR for glibly and stupidly traducing -- look it up -- the sacrifices made by his uncles or take a fucking walk. You are -- and, ought to be -- nothing to the decent people here until that apology is forthcoming. Jesus, you have no limits. None at all.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I used to find Chris L mildly amusing and reasonably intelligent even though we disagreed with each other on just about every topic under the sun.

Now he's just stupid, offensive and an intellectual coward.

11. You take a shot at me then say nobody was talking to me? And I know what "traducing" means but thanks for assuming you are the only one with a vocabulary. Again par for the course - you elitist snob.

I said the comment was not aimed at JR (it was actually aimed at you because I know your family history and how you are also the first person to post a thread on anything that reflects negatively on the US military).

When we have a thread about military heroes of Canada then I will gladly give hosannas to JR's uncles. It is tragic how this has gone from being about Kevin Tillman to being about JR's uncles sacrifice for Canada. But it is not unexpected - you and JR always seem to twist threads to be about whatever fits your own whims.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Chris, you were the one who introduced the irrelevancy about one's family serving in the military as a prerequisite to commenting on the Tillman piece.

And then we find out that unless it's the U.S. military, it doesnt count.

I find it amusing that unless someone has their head up Fredo and his cronies' collective ass, they're "anti-American" or "anti-military".

Try some independent thought once in a while instead of bringing your trailerpark arguments to the party.

Draft saved Draft deleted