1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Tillman's Birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 20, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And I agree with everything in sentences 2 through 4. But, for better or worse, her credibility is shot -- and it's her fault.
    Tillman's done nothing to deserve any of the scorn heaped on Sheehan. If he's attacked, there will be PLENTY of Republicans calling bullshit on it, IMO. Unless or until Tillman is off in North Korea buddying it up with Kim Jong Il or in Iran extoling the virtues of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

As to why the first post on this thread is about Sheehan, that's another matter entirely.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What a mess. A bunch of adults, and the best excuse we can come up with is that "he started it first".

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Poin, the scorn heaped on Sheehan begain on Day One. Right from the get-go.

What made it worse was at the time there was general support for Bush's war. So she stood out like a sore thumb. I admit that she went a little batsy but she was determined to get her message across---nothing wrong with that.

If Tillman takes his protest on the road, how many of the Sheehan bashers will turn against him as well?

Just askin'

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Dude, I don't mind sheehan being brought into this. I just hate the name calling and vitriol on the message boards. I'm not blameless I know. It just gets old that EVERY thread turns out the same way.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

OK, let's take Sheehan out of this.

Will Tillman's letter/blog get wider publication? Will it end up all of a sudden in the NYTimes. Washington Post?

If it does, what's the fallout and how does the admin respond?

6. He gets buried by the usual suspects.
    Although not by poindexter, I reckon, god bless him.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FB, I think we're converting Poin to the Good Side. :)

If Jesus Christ came back and spoke out against these guys, they'd do more than crucify him.

They'd dig up the "throwing out the money-changers" incident and then claim HE stole all the money afterwards

8. Hung out with hookers, too.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And his carpentry work was faulty.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think it will get picked up....eventually. This is a case where it will start to get linked across Ted Stevens' internets tubes, reach a critical mass and then the MSM will pick up on it. The GOP, realizing they can't take down Tillman because his service was so recent and he is such a strong symbol, will ignore it and hope it goes away. Tony Snow will get asked about it, say that the WH thanks Pat Tillman for his service, but does not have time to handle every criticism of the war. The press will move on to other things and P. Tillman will fade away. Probably isn't right, but that is how it will happen.

As far as Jack Murtha, everyone's favorite unindicted Abscam co-conspirator should have been sharing a cell with Harrison Williams. Larry Pressler, he ain't.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Pope, the White House is calling.

They want you as their next PR guy/media relations officer/whatever the hell they are call it

Good post. And you may be right.

12. Oh, they'll try.
    And the usual suspects will bite, perhaps more sorrowfully than they did with CS, but they'll bite nonetheless.

Draft saved Draft deleted