1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Tillman and Bush secrecy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Second Thoughts, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Didn't think I'd get a straight answer to a fairly inocuous question. Talk about circling wagons.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's fairly obvious the circumstances around his death were covered up to provide a hero when one was needed. The guy beside him said the shooter was more than 10 yards away, right? I can certainly go along with that. What I can't go along with, however, is the three-round (tight) shot group to the head. Think about it. If I shoot you in the head, your head's going to move -- probably drastically. I'm not going to get two more shots at the forehead. Plus, one round is good enough. The only way you're going to get three relatively close wounds to the head is if there's a hail of gunfire (which is entirely possible) and three rounds happen to hit you.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Just morbid curiosity here, but couldn't it also happen if he was shot by one of those rapid-fire guns, with not a lot of time between rounds?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A hail of gunfire and yet no evidence of any other bullets striking anything around him.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What about the Afghani who was with him who got killed?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks man.

7. three_bags_full

No. The weapon rises during the burst, and shot groups are not possible with automatic fire.

Think of when you last fired a weapon. Now, remember the recoil and try to imagine it three times in less than a second.

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

As I understand, that 3-round tight shot group account came from the Army medical examiner's report that was covered up until the AP revealed it a few days ago, and is evidence that tends to make his death appear more suspicious.

So are you claiming its the examining doctors that are full of shit? If so, why would they have a motive to fabricate a medical report that increases the death's suspiciousness?

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Clinton's defense strategy accomplished nothing - that's my answer.

10. three_bags_full

Hmmmm. Dont' know abot their full-of-shitness, but no one (and I mean no one) is going to get a three-round group to the forehead. No one.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

apologize la douche

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The sea-cucumber ventures a hypothetical!

Draft saved Draft deleted