1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Tillman and Bush secrecy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Second Thoughts, Jul 13, 2007.

1. So, is it the conspiracy theorist/Tillman family view that Corporal Tillman was murdered?

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Come on, you-know-who, rise to the defense of your besmirched heroes and tell us all about this bad rap. Tell us why this is good for America. Enlighten us as to why, in spite of this, we should continue with the status quo 15 months from now.

In the words of Judge Smales, "Well??? We're waiting."

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Wouldn't this rest with the Secretary of Defense?

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

A departmental hypothetical from the subpharyngeal ganglion!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Passing the buck. Nicely played and yet within the rules.

http://www.defenselink.mil/osd/topleaders.aspx

Huh. Whaddaya know? If the secretary of defense's boss (and in this case longtime friend) doesn't want to talk, he doesn't either. Gosh, I feel so much more enlightened.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, Clinton's secretary of defense had to check the cigar inventory before consulting the president on these matters.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Tick. Tock.

[​IMG]

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Forgive my naivite, but what does Clinton's secretary of defense and cigars have to do with Bush's secretary of state fudging the truth on the circumstances surrounding the death of a highly visible soldier? I'm just trying to gain some insight into how people are supporting an administration that has been involved in some very, very shady doings.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

are you a relative of JVD and rok?

nobody is this stupid without trying, nobody.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This abomination of an administration has lied to the American people about mishandling the war and reconstruction efforts. It's distressing that there hasn't been more of a national call to arms, to bring the collection of incompetents and murders in front of a Congressional hearing.

Impeachment and jail terms would be a fitting start. Then, they can apologize to the families of dead servicemen and women for obfuscating the truth.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No one's going to get three rounds in a tight shot group to the head. I call bullshit. You only get one crack at the head. Don't ask me how I know.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so wrap up your thoughts, dog. obviously you have an opinion, i'd love to hear it.

Draft saved Draft deleted