1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Tillman and Bush secrecy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Second Thoughts, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bat - why do you hate america?

2. I assume it comes under their concept of the "unitary executive" which essentially means his power over all parts of the executive branch, including the DOD, is absolute. Constitutional nonsense, but it's what they believe.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What puzzles me is how it can be justified holding the DoD to Congressional oversight but there's limitations on doing the same with the White House. I know there were court rulings in this regard, but it still puzzles me.

4. Mmac

Mmac Guest

I'll second that Holy Fuck! Bullet holes in his FOREHEAD from a "mere 10 yards" or so away?

It's becoming clearer why the government wanted to cover up the details on Tillman's death. I'm frankly surprised the cover-up issue hasn't been treated as a bigger scandal nationally. Seems to me the talking heads should be screaming nightly outrage over this one, but I really haven't noticed much.

But at least the truth is finally coming out on Tillman, makes you wonder how often this sort of shit happens with non-famous GIs that have died over there.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So it went from heroic death at the hands of the Taliban ...

... unfortunate friendly fire incident that was covered up ...

... to a guy who was fragged in the forehead from 10 yards away?

Ugggh.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Impeach and indict this incompetent administration of liars and criminals.

7. Mmac

Mmac Guest

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003617692

I'd love to see a comprehensive listing of past legitimate friendly fire incidents and see how many had bullet wounds consistent with Tillman's. I'm guessing pretty much none. Hard to imagine how you could mistake him for a Taliban fighter staring at his face from close range. Just when you thought this story couldn't get any uglier....

8. "Army attorneys sent each other congratulatory e-mails for keeping criminal investigators at bay as the Army conducted an internal friendly-fire investigation that resulted in administrative, or non-criminal, punishments."

Wonderful.
    Jesus wept.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's still only a matter of time before the Tillman family gets the Cindy Sheehan/Jersey Girls treatment.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

God, this turns my stomach.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Was there a private autopsy? Would it be too late?

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Godless critics of the administration? That's right in Coulter's wheelhouse!

Draft saved Draft deleted