1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Sajak: Log Cabin Republican?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Dec 22, 2006.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Noted conservative Sajak gave an interview to the Dallas Voice, a local gay newspaper.

Dallas Voice: On your Web site, the “Sajak Says” page is where you air some of your opinions, which could easily be categorized as conservative. I’m sure many of GLBT “Wheel of Fortune” viewers are curious about where you fall on the side of gay rights.

Pat Sajak: I’m in favor of rights for all. I always feel nervous about trying to draw a specific bill of rights for a specific groups. And I’m not in favor of discriminating anyone for any reason.

DV: The gay community would probably love to claim 'Wheel of Fortune' as one of America’s most successful gay-created game shows because Merv Griffin is the executive producer.

PS: I wasn’t aware of that.

DV: You’re not aware that Merv Griffin might be gay?

PS: No, I have heard that. But I care very little whether he is or not. I guess the question is “Are you only gay if you live the ‘gay lifestyle?’” I may or may not be heterosexual. I’ve never made that announcement, and I don’t expect to.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Except Pat has been married for a number of years now. Many many years. Guess that doesn't necessarily make him straight per se, but he's a well known conservative and I'd be surprised if he was a Ted Haggard in hiding.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think the phrase you're looking for is "South Park Republican," which would include, for instance, me.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

No, Log Cabin Republicans are the gay ones. South Park Republicans are the generally more libertarian ones.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How the fuck was this thread born? Who gives a shit what political affiliation Pat Sajek is or how he feel about gays?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I saw the weirdest exchange between him and Vanna the other night.

At the end of the show he says, "You know, for the first time, I had a dream about you last night."
    She says, "What was it about?"
    He says, "I don't want to get real specific ... let's just say it involved a kitchen utensil, a magazine and motor oil."

After an awkward laugh from her, that was the end of the show. I'm not sure if the magazine was the middle item he mentioned, but he definitely said a kitchen utensil and motor oil. Very odd. Very odd indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted