1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat McManamon leaving ABJ

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Word is, Patrick McManamon authored his final column for the Akron Beacon Journal in today's edition.

He's headed to AOL FanHouse, according to a desker there.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just as an aside, Fanhouse is AOL not CBS ...

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Thanks. I was just going off what the desk guy at the ABJ told me. Have never visited the site myself. Appreciate the heads up.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I know a couple of very minor details, and this is a good deal for Pat, who has been jacked around considerably during his tenure in Akron with all the things going on there. Good for him, and I'm sure he'll do great.

5. As a Browns fan, I've loved reading Pat for many years now. Definitely will miss him.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

good for pat, one of the good guys, for sure. 8) 8) 8)

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Another cheer for Pat, a coworker in a former life. Good luck to him!

8. Former colleague from the PB Post days. Always one of the nicest guys, and best reporters. Wishing him all the best.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is the truth, though I know no details nor do I know Pat. But I second WildBilly from above...Pat has always been a joy to read on the Browns. Good luck to him going forward.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Also note: He's not leaving the area. He's staying put and writing about the same teams. So you're still going to see him on the Browns, etc...

Draft saved Draft deleted