1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Jordan doesn't mess around

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 28, 2008.

1. silent_h

silent_h Member

I think Jordan has forever answered the question of ?quien es mas macho? And the answer is not you.

(Also, I was banking on the semi-nude photos of a starlette with a new project to promote -- and/or 3,000 words on how George Clooney is a regular cool jus' guy like you and me -- would save me from the truth. Damn).

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Funny, the only guy who felt the need to vamp his masculinity like Jordan was Peter S-----man, whom you might remember from that hysterical local news video of the showdown with the optician in Toronto. All he ever did was talk about his time in the service, his handiness with guns, street fights, what have you. I was assured by a woman who was daughter of his mistress that -- I kid you not -- he was into combat dress-up in the boudoir and need military marching music to, uh, load his rifle. I say this as one of those girlie mag guys who, to help out his stroke-ridden contractor buddy, is slated to wheel and rake eight yards of concrete tomorrow. (To fully assume character I will mark the passing of every remotely attractive woman by scratching myself.) My wish: That Gary Smith would profile Pat Jordan and his stainless steel testicles and Pat Jordan would profile Gary Smith and the inkblots he waves in front of his subjects. Each would think himself Secretariat to the other man's Sham.

YD&OHS, etc

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I beg to differ. Pat Jordan couldn't carry my snuffbox. And here's my most recent dustjacket photo to prove it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. silent_h

silent_h Member

Intimidating picture, to be sure, but no powdered wig = no sale.

Also, is the above image more:

a) Foppish
    b) Way beyond a touch of the dandy-ish
    c) Oddly reminiscent of Dave Chappelle's time-traveling pimps

Help me out!

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

not only is jgmac a fop, he's a dandy.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I prefer - as do all glossy magazine writers - "effete boulevardier". And while it may not be apparent in the jacket photo, sirrah, the absence of powder in that cascade of ringlets is more than made up for by my carefully stenciled beauty mark.

7. silent_h

silent_h Member

Needs more white glove to remove, then backhand me with.

Draft saved Draft deleted