1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat-downs for everyone! NFL to go all TSA on us

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Why don't you mind? Do you really think it will prevent anything?

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I had NFL sidebar duty last year and had to go through the sham of a security check on entering the stadium.

The security guy wanted me to turn on the laptop. OK.....but what does that prove? That's it operational and therefore capable of launching the program that will blow up the stadium?

Such ridiculous bullshit.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Going to Jet game tomorrow. Trying to decide whether to make it easy on security and go just in gym shorts and paint my upper body green or fully clothed and cause a ruckus at security that will get me arrested. Later would create good headline : PSL HOLDER ARRESTED FOR OBJECTING TO FULL BODY SEARCH.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I prefer "Jets Security Is Kickin' Sweet Live Ass" (Boom will explain it)

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Indy has been doing a pat down for at least the last couple years, maybe since moving into Lucas Oil?? Not sure, since that's when we started splitting a season package. Certainly not a big deal, we just pad our time a little bit more. Really doesn't bother, mostly because....well, I try hard not to let the goofy little stuff in life bother me all that much.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

That's why you're so darned special.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I bet you would have accepted the tea tax from the British also.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I suppose because whatever security check they have always done in the past was so minor as to not even be considered a security check. Anyone could have taken anything into a stadium. Something much bigger than what this guy took in.

It just doesn't bother me too much that they will now do an actual security check.

Do I think it will prevent anything? Who knows. But they act like they have been doing them all along and they really haven't been. So now that they are, it just doesn't bother me too much.

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Nope. Would have whooped the tar out a them dirty Limeys.....

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Yep. Thinkin' about rescuing a puppy tomorrow, too.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe security is needed to protect fellow Texans fans from you. ;D

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Duh! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted