1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pasquareli Quintuple Bypass

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by heyabbott, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Yeah...he was in the hospital on Sunday. In his column.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/04/Giants/index.html

Having known both these guys well in the past, wish them both a speedy recovery.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know Peter takes a bashing on this site, a lot of it deserved, but he is a really nice guy.

3. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

I worked with him for a couple of years when I was a youngster coming up and there was no one more helpful to me than Peter -- and no one who stayed in touch with me more over the years -- so I'll let the others do the bashing ... and Lenny and I crossed paths often on the Falcons beat back in the Jerry Glanville/Jeff George era ... Both good guys.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I tagged along on a dinner with Peter several years back and as a young writer, he told some unbelievably great stories... I barely talked to him that night, since there were about 15 of us, but when I ran into him again a year or so later, he remembered me... Very good guy.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Having known both these guys for many years, I'll add my best wishes as well. They have always been great to me and are always willing to help in any way they can. Whether or not you like their work, Lenny and Peter are good guys who have their friends' backs.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I think Len had some heart issues a year or so ago.

And I think I read about them in Peter's column.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

he was diagnosed with diabetes over the summer, i believe, leading to an eating lifestyle change that led to len's weight loss. has been on insulin. until he stabilizes post-heart surgery, he'll also be on dialysis.

yes, when it rains it pours. lenny's a tough guy, though. i'm sure he'll be back as strong as ever...

Draft saved Draft deleted