1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pasquareli Quintuple Bypass

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by heyabbott, Feb 4, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

is this db

Len Pasquarelli, the ESPN.com football writer extraordinaire, gave incredible meaning to "playing hurt" this weekend. I noticed at the Pro Football Hall of Fame voting Saturday that Lenny seemed ill, and he was unusually quiet. He left the voting, wrote a story for his Web site on the latest failed bid to get Paul Tagliabue elected, then checked into a local hospital ... to find that he had five blocked arteries. He had quintuple bypass surgery Sunday. That is one tough dude. Your peers really admire you, Len. Get well soon.---Peter King

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Wow. That's dedication.

Good luck with the recovery, Len.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

CareerBuilder.com could have used him in that "follow your heart" Super Bowl commercial.

And I have the highest regard for Len, pro's pro. Glad he got himself fixed, for years of scribblin' to come.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Lenny is one of those steel-tough Pittsburgh guys, so he'll be fine. His dad used to be the press gate attendant at Three Rivers.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Cripes. Best wishes. But I'm beginning to think working for ESPN isn't that great for your health.

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

It takes tough birds like Len to work for ESPN
    I think it must take tough birds like Len to last at ESPN

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

len's good people and a workhorse. good thing his wife was with him in arizona to drag him to the emergency room.

spoke to his daughter this afternoon and she sounded very upbeat that len's recovering nicely. probably can't come home for a couple of weeks.

but encouraging news, overall. whew!

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd hate to be the one in charge of ESPN's health plan right now.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

9. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

wish all the best to len, one of my favorite guys in the business

get yourself healthy

10. That I did not know.
    Thanks, smash.
    And good health to Lenny.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You could probably take a sledgehammer to a Pittsburgh guy's ticker, and it'd keep going. Primanti Bros. must put something in those sandwiches.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read somewhere that Peter King was hospitalized as well and didn't make the game... I have no idea if that's true.

Not a fan of Len's on any level, but I hope he's OK...

Draft saved Draft deleted