1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Party Time! Michael Vick is free

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

LOL You can't afford it.
    But seriously, think about the post for a second. Vick may have have matured in jail. And if he has, he could be the talent that many thought he could become.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He also hasn't played in two years. Maturity has nothing to do with it. To say he could still be better than 75 percent of the QBs in the league is ridiculous.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Personally, I think Vick will be good. Really good. Dude's only 29. Looks like he's in good shape.

Just a hunch.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why is it party time?

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This from Wikipedia.
    Party Time was an album by The Heptones and backing band called The Upsetters, released in 1977. Along with Junior Murvin's Police and Thieves and Max Romeo's War Ina Babylon, this album can be seen as part of a Black Ark Lee 'Scratch' Perry produced "holy trinity". Highlights include the title track, a Rasta-influenced cover of Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released", the menacing "Storm Cloud", and the determined "Road Of Life". After years of being out of print, this classic album has been remastered and re-released on Chris Blackwell's Palm Pictures label.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

He's in better shape than most and remember, he's had nothing to do but work on his body.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

I agree. The only thing is being in football shape, being able to take hits, etc... Don't think it'll take too long for him to get back up to speed in that regard.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Have you seen the QB's in the NFL? Take away the bullshit and based on pure talent, he could pretty much compete for a job with the majority of teams. Oakland, St. Louis, Miami, Minnesota, San Francisco, he could have a run at those teams and a few more. We're not talking about a guy that's a stiff. Vick was a bonafide NFL quarterback. He wasn't without fault on the field, but he was totally legit.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

10. JackReacher

You act like Vick has been away for 8 years. It was only two years and he's still only 29.

Vick could start for a handful of teams tomorrow. Hell, Brady was out a whole year and people are saying he'll be better than ever. Vick was away two and didn't have an injury from which to rehab. He'll be fine.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's exactly my point too Ryan. We're not talking about a guy who was a stiff.

12. JackReacher

I can't remember where I read it, but I read a story about QBs who missed a year or more and came back. One of the guys quoted was Steve DeBerg, who came back four years after retiring or whatever. He certainly wasn't a Pro Bowler, but he held his own just fine, if I remember correctly. And he was in his late 30s.

We're talking about Vick, who was one of the most dynamic QBs in the game just two years ago.

Sorry, I just have a hard time believing he'll have trouble re-adjusting to the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted