1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Party drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Sep 5, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Prairie Fires are the worst shot's I've ever had.

Worse than a Cement Mixer.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Tabasco shouldn't be used with so little regard to its greatness anyway. And tequila scares me a little.

What's wrong with just having a bunch of bourbon on hand?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

We are going to have a lot of other alcohol, I was just worried about the kegs running low. Maybe I shouldn't since two kegs is a lot of alcohol.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Tequila was my spirit of choice in college, which explains why I don't touch the stuff as an alleged adult. Got two kinds of vodka, peach rum and Jager in the freezer, Bailey's in the fridge and peach, raspberry, butterscotch schnapps, Maker's Mark and airplane bottles of Starbucks coffee and cream liquers in the cabinet. Tequila is not permitted to cross my border.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Gatorade and alcohol do not mix well, well they do, it just goes through your system quicker. Or so I think. I had a few bad experiences freshman year of college mixing vodka and Gatorade. It might have been the proportions, but I do think there is something about the electrolytes that helped you get drunk quicker.

Besides using a watermelon, I've soaked maraschino cherries in Everclear before and used them to garnish drinks, or just have a bowl of them by the bar. They taste fine at first, but once you bite into them it's an explosion of 151-190 proof goodness. You can use the extra syrup to make mixed drinks. Add some Everclear, cherries and sprite and it's a good drink. I learned both of these from "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer." The cherries in the book are called "Bama bombs" and the drink is named after some old Bama kicker.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My state's ABC doesn't sell Everclear. Is it worth going 90 minutes south to my neighboring state to get some, or is there something else that would work?

7. Bacardi 151

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Just drink rubbing alcohol. It works the same.

Everclear is just 190 proof. The closest thing may be Bacardi 151, but that's rum. If you want to get the same effect, make a New Orleans Hand Grenade, and you'll be taking the loopy train soon enough.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Corky's Remedy:

5 pints of vodka
    One package of skittles

Separate the skittle colors and put all the reds in one pint, all the greens in another, and so on (obviously, you'll need to drink/dump some of the vodka to make room). After filling them, stick them all in the fridge for 24 hours. The next day, the vodka will have turned to the color of the skittles, and will taste like them.

Just watch out, because in an inebriated state you think you're drinking skittles when in fact it's still vodka, and it's gonna fuck people up. But ooo baby, is it tasty.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Sounds the same as Skittles shots that we used to have. They are pretty good. Candycanes are pretty good when the Holiday season comes around.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

151 will do the trick, but actually tastes much, much worse.

Everclear just tastes like burn and fail.

Which is why it's illegal in a lot of states...

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And for the love of God, don't try to eat the Skittles. The vodka makes them superhard. The only thing you'll be tasting is what comes through a straw. (disclaimer: I've never done this).

Draft saved Draft deleted