1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Party drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just don't have an open flame near it.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Caution: EVERCLEAR WILL FUCK YOU UP.

IN A HEARTBEAT.....IF YOU FEEL YOURSELF CLIMBING UP A LADDER TO DO SOME SHINGLING ON YOUR ROOF......GET THE HELL DOWN. YOU WILL WISH ALL YOU HAD WAS A BROKEN NECK!

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Get a shitload of Kool-Aid, and double the amount of sugar and Kool-Aid you would normally use.

A bottle of some kind of sweet, sugary liquor can help, too. Maui or Pucker or some shit.

Be sure to give the fruit plenty of time to soak.

Or so the kids tell me.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We drank this mix of Everclear and grape Kool-Aid one time at William & Mary and called the shit Purple Jesus. We were wandering around campus screaming "Talk to Jesus!!" and nearly puking. Good times. Maybe.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Black cherry vodka and lemonade, with raspberries and blackberries in the punch.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Near the end of the night, you could make a mixture of "naked juice", or that was what we called it. You toss every last bit of liquor you have for the party into a container and just mix it in with Kool-Aid. Tastes great while at the end of the party, you don't care what you're drinking.

7. We always used vodka --- sometimes grain alcohol.

The end result is the same ...DAMN good.

8. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I've heard that called Purple Power, but it was with grape soda....

I've never made jungle juice, but all this advice seems to go with what I've heard from those who have. Everclear is usually a good choice to start with because it's strong, so should be cheaper.

I know some people add sherbet for flavor / to chill the jungle juice. A cool added touch is to use dry ice. Keeps the juice cool and looks cool with the fog / smoke.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Has this turned into the Ask Totally Smashed Beyond All Hope of Feeling Good Again For At Least a Week and Not Looking Forward to Tomorrow's Hangover Angola thread yet?

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It takes a lot of work, but if you take the top off of strawberries, you can pour amaretto in and put whipped cream on top. It makes one hell of a shot.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest Everclear and fruit punch. That's what almost killed me freshman year. I should have stopped drinking when it started tasting good.

12. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

I eighth the everclear. We used Bacardi 151 at times but it's more expensive. I'd say do jello shots, but they take a lot of work.

I wish I could tell you what is in a Monkey Boy, which is the signature drink of a State College bar called The Saloon. As a man, I can promise instant inebriation from this ladydrink.

When I saw them make mine, I'd guess it included Rum, Tequila, Vodka and something that looked like snow-come syrup.

The point is... sugar+alcohol = your problem solved.

Draft saved Draft deleted