1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Partially Clothed FCA Leader Sharing the Message with Student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt1735, Mar 15, 2011.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

If no one thinks this is worthy of discussion, that's OK. My thinking is that the word is too vague to be worthwhile. Attractive is a relative term. And why is there no description of the kid? Let the picture speak for itself or else don't speak at all to how she looked.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. The word should never be used in a news report unless it's in a quote. It's obviously subjective and news writing should be objective.

If as a news website you are comfortable writing a story about an "attractive" teacher, are you going to be OK with calling another one "ugly?"

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think this demonstrates the difference between writing for print and writing for TV.

What's not acceptable in one medium can be acceptable in another.

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Oh, God, yes.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Damn sure the New York Post would come up with something far less pedestrian than "attractive." "A sultry science teacher and curvy Christian leader was busted for giving a student an impromptu anatomy lesson that could qualify as a religious experience."

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would have gone with MILFy.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Perhaps they were in a deep debate over creationism vs evolution.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Teacher: "Alright, alright. I'll do this once, as long as you turn your life over to the Lord."

Student: (silently) My prayers have been answered. Praise be to God!

9. Maybe she was trying to convert him to their team? From "The Beard" episode of Seinfeld.

10. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

By parking in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted