1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part-time sports writer for Portland-area weeklies

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by flexmaster33, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

The great part of Portland is that the place works as if the entire Bush Administration never happened.
    (chill out, not a political rip)

2. Fastball34

Fastball34 New Member

I actually grew up and went to high school in the coverage area of this paper and the area has grown leaps and bounds since I was a kid. Like many have said, great place to live. Rivers and lakes are close, you can take day trips to Mt. Hood or the coast. If this wasn't a part-time gig and I didn't enjoy my current shop so much, I'd consider applying myself. Wouldn't mind being back in the area. Also, the prep conference you would be covering has had decent athletes go through - Fred Jones (NBA), Joey Harrington (NFL), Brian Burres (MLB) and others probably that I'm forgetting (I think Randy Couture coached wrestling at the high school I attended after I graduated).

3. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Not to mention a series of world-class track athletes that have come through, along with another MLB/AAA pitcher in Mike Ekstrom and pro football player UFL/Arena Patrick Stoudamire Jr.

4. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

We've hired recent University of Oregon graduate Kris Anderson for our spot. He started this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted