1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part-time sports reporter -- Lubbock (Texas) Avalanche-Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jan 1, 2014.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

FRENSHIPTODAY.​COM SPORTS REPORTER FrenshipToday.​com is looking for a part-time sports reporter.​ The reporter is responsible for information gathering and most of the sports content for the digital and print products.​ Content is defined not only by stories and statistics, but also multimedia.​ Must have a flexible schedule, be willing to work nights and weekends and have a good understanding of grammar, spelling, punctuation and fact-checking.​ Candidates should also have good organizational, time-management and people skills.​ Must have transportation and a smartphone.​ Journalism degree or equivalent experience required.​ Send resume and clips to: hr@​lubbockonline.​com

http://jobview.monster.com/Sports-Reporter-Job-Lubbock-TX-US-128640015.aspx?WT.mc_n=Indeed_US&from=indeed

2. TMagelssen

TMagelssen New Member

I had this job for three months in the summer of 2012, so I can answer a few questions. However, the A-J has just hired a new editor and is also looking for a new SE, so it wouldn't surprise me if this position changes.

Message me with any questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted