1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part-time Online Sports Producer in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bsenftleber, Jul 13, 2010.

1. bsenftleber

bsenftleber New Member

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is seeking a part-time online producer to help manage content primarily on ajc.com and accessAtlanta.com. The job is 80 percent sports producer but will also involve managing content on other AJC channels.

Ideal candidate:
    • has strong sense of urgency, energy and creativity to engage the Atlanta audience and increase traffic and reach.
    • has solid news judgment and be fast, accurate and comfortable handling content on a variety of topics, including local and world news, sports, entertainment.
    • is able to quickly and consistently write Web teases and other copy that is fair, accurate and error-free.
    • ensures content is optimized for search engines, by using SEO-effective words on story-level pages and channels.
    • is able to perform various online duties, such as monitoring wires and other Web sites, compiling and publishing newsletters, compiling Vents and pulling video from AP.
    • consistently initiates and executes new content ideas to drive traffic.

Experience as an online content manager or producer required.

Shift will be nights and weekends. 20 hour per week.

To apply, send resume and list of references by July 19 to:
    ajcNewsroomjobs@ajc.com
    MUST BE IN METRO ATLANTA. NO RELOCATION FOR THIS POSITION.

2. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Wow, that sounds pretty daunting for a 20-hour-a-week job, unless it's paying $40/hour.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'll just say that I wish I was living in/near Atlanta.

4. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Would be nice to live in the ATL right now. As a former web editor, I would love to have this gig, no matter the workload!

Draft saved Draft deleted