1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part-time in Jackson, Michigan

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chris Iott, Aug 31, 2007.

1. WSKY

WSKY Member

I grew up in Jackson — it's not a place for a single guy looking for a women. With that said, it's not a bad place if you're settling down. I was back there this summer (parent's still live there) for the first time in nearly five years. Not much had changed, but that's life in the Rose City. With that said, the Cit Pat is pretty good paper. The big news item everyone kept telling me about the paper was that they had recently outsourced their printing to like Ann Arbor or something. To people in Jackson, this news was just as big as Tony Dungy or race weekend.

2. If the part-time pay at the Citizen-Patriot is the same as it was at the Booth/Newhouse paper I worked for, it's a sight to behold. I made more working part-time (not my part-time hours equated to regular full-time hours) than I do now at a full-time job in a place that has a lower cost of living.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've heard chris iott hates schlenker's burgers. that is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted