1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part-time Editorial Web MiLB.com producer (NYC)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by milb, May 1, 2007.

1. milb

milb New Member

Part-Time Editorial web producer for MiLB.com

MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (MLBAM) is the interactive media and Internet Company of Major League Baseball. MLBAM manages the official league site of Minor League Baseball, www.MiLB.com, and a growing network of nearly 80 individual Club and League sites to create the most comprehensive Minor League Baseball resource on the Internet. MLBAM is seeking a Part Time Editorial Web Producer for an immediate opening.

Description: Editorial producers are responsible for all content production of baseball games per shift. Responsibilities include editing and posting all content, about 8-10 stories per shift and posting additional multimedia pieces. Write headlines, captions, blurbs. Select and crop photos. Communicate with editors throughout process.

Shifts are nights and weekends, up to 32 hours per week. Producers work out of New York City-based office and should already be based in the region.

Qualifications:
    • Excellent copy-editing skills.
    • Basic knowledge of HTML and web publishing.
    • Experience with content management systems.
    • Thorough knowledge of baseball.
    • Experience with Photoshop.

Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience.

If you are interested, please send a resume to milb42@yahoo.com.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

does anyone have any insight/experience regarding this one or know if this could lead to any full-time work?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Now is this a complete fraud of an opening like all the "openings" on monster.com?

4. Are these the poor schlubs who take half-inning by half-inning scoring over the phone from the various parks? That's got to be rough work...

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

you know, in college baseball they used to have the press box phones ringing off the hook from other schools looking for score updates to announce. Gametracker has put an end to that, hallelujah.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Especially with the rubes who work at the park in my town.

7. Rookie23

Rookie23 Member

Now I love baseball...but this has to be some fake monster.com job. Ya think?

8. danhawks

danhawks Member

this is totally legit...send me a PM if you have any questions...

9. Doc, I can tell you some stories about those rubes--especially the pronunciation adventures with Latin players.

10. milb

milb New Member

No, this ain't a fake job.

You have to be already based in the New York area, though.

It's not taking game stats off the phone, it is editing and publishing the stories of recappers who use those stats to write game stories though.

For now it's a seasonal gig. There is turnover, so there's a chance it could be more. We can't promise that though.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, I've experienced that shit first-hand. Not to mention that 450-pound fat fuck Jesse, who waddles toward the concession stand when hot dogs go on sale the last two innings.

12. I don't cover enough games there to know Jesse.

My favorite was when Spanish first names "Johan" and "Danilo" became "John" and "Dan."

That year there was a pitcher named "Yusmeiro" on one team and I am fairly certain that, if he happened to pitch in that game, he would've just been called "Herb."

Draft saved Draft deleted