1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part of why Canada sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 24, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

At least you guys have coffee crisp and milk in a big :D

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I do the same thing. Today, the company I was dealing with "couldn't process credit cards not issued in the states or without a US billing address."

But after today's two experiences, I'll never drop a dime in this country again, unless it's for necessities.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Coffee Crisp is now available in the States, You just have to look for it. It was part of a years-long lobbying effort by some people with too much time on their hands. I was oblivious to them until my neighbor asked me to pick up a box on my last trip. OH Boy, Chocolate buttermilk and Coffee Crisp....I didn't sleep for about 12 hours.

4. Coffee Crisp available in the States???????????????

There goes my only reason to go to Canada.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I hate Coffee Crisp.

Most overrated chocolate bar ever.

6. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

As long as Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are in Canada, I'll still like Canada. :)

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I once spent some time in Vancouver. It is a shit hole.

I'm still willing to give the rest of the country the benefit of the doubt, but my first experience with was not very good.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

A shit hole? Where'd you stay, Hastings Street?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Y
    Thinking exactly the same thing.

I've heard Vancouver described as lots of things but shithole?

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I lived in BC and visited Vancouver often, that place is anything buy a shithole.

Hastings Street is, but that's what makes it Hastings Street; something you should drive if you ever visit.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I can't imagine what Zag would think of Hamilton if he thinks Vancouver's a shit hole. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The last part of Hamilton I saw wasn't too bad (near Bernie Arbour Stadium).

Draft saved Draft deleted