1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part 10 *(final part)* of McGwire story up on You Tube NOW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Jan 5, 2007.

?

What percentage of MLB players take "illegal" drugs (including prescriptions)?

1. Over 70%

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. 50-70%

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. 20-50%

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. 10-20%

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. 0-10%

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Part one of McGwire story up on You Tube NOW

John, he's right.

You should have many leather-bound books in the background and make sure your apartment smells of rich mahogany so people will know you are very important.

2. Re: Part one of McGwire story up on You Tube NOW

John, do you know Merlin Olson?

3. Inky_Wretch

Part two of the McGwire story up now. And he namechecks SJ...

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Quit dragging the good name of Merlin Olson into this.

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

These threads have been the highlight of my week.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

God bless the Google. I just found a powerlifting message board, on which a bunch of world-class lifters rip this guy up and down. Apparently he goes on there and spews bullshit, too. This thread is pretty entertaining:

http://www.diablobarbell.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=4595&start=1

Apparently the T-shirt with his name on it, also lists a bunch of accomplishments that don't mean much to the real CONTEST lifters on this board.

My favorite line was, "That is what is so different about you and I. Most of the lifter in Northern California know what Ive done, I dont need to have shirts printed up."

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The joker has put a video up just talking about the SportsJournalists.com threads.

8. Inky_Wretch

Nothing is sadder than somebody posting MySpace links to "prove" he can date attractive women.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess as background for serious journalists, like Michael Irvin.

10. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Ha ha ha,

Yeah that's awesome. This just proves how much you know about lifting which = zero.

If this is your idea of "diligence" or thought & care for your work I would hate to see what you put out in your columns &/or broadcasts.

Diablo Barbell is widely known as a bunch of fanatics who almost always bomb out of meets, take loads of "supplements", eat like cra@, look like crap, and more or less get hurt by training wrong. Moreover, they use the craziest gear that makes their lifts for them - I am super strong for real.

They are a HUGE joke in the PL world you clown. But hey, the fact that they attack me gives them max credibility to you right? BC your still looking to settle a score with me. You are SOOO obvious its lame. Glass ego syndrome?

The reason I don't like those guys is they don't really know or respect the lifting game and are kind of like the "McDonald's" of lifting - quick fix in all respects. The reason they don't like me is that I refused to train with them and then went on to win more and more top titles beating their guys & won't take cra@ from them & just want them to respect the great lifters that came up before them, etc..

Oh right, last time I checked they don't have any world class lifters

Ragu - I tried to be cool with you but you are a loser dude.

Can't stop the personal attacks can you - nope

Don't want to deal with the facts either.

PS - you know how many REAL world class lifters call me to train & do business with? Lots

Diablo Barbell - oh god that is too great. That is like going to Australia to learn about Polar Bears

The bottom line is those guys all tried to punk me and gang up on me and got smoked - period and found out I had them beat in like every department & was 100% real - Raggoof. You want to go down that road - fine - but its clear your not worth my time.

Oh by the way - the best part of it all is that at the end when I crushed them and the rest of PL laughed at them they begged me to let them sell MY t-shirts. Why? bc I am box office and they knew they could make money off of me (my threads where the most read posts they EVER had). In the end they made knock-off shirts of me. What does that tell you.

Anyway, have fun covering high school sports in Montana

Judging by that pic of you you need to hit the weights bad or sign up for a girls ballet team.

11. lono

lono Active Member

And you draw a paycheck from Wilson Sonsini???

Un-freakin-believable

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I believe you, John. And you don't even have to post video of yourself wearing a T-shirt with your name on it and eating your Wheaties this morning. Or did you ditch the shirt and have a Wheaties box made with your picture on it instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.