1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parking Ticket Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 13, 2007.

1. You're right. That is fucking bullshit.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Agree it's bullshit, but I've paid more than my share of tickets that were bullshit. There's not much you can do other than ignore it. But in this day and age, it'll catch up to you eventually.

On the bright side, at least you didn't have your car repossessed for five days because the bank that holds your loan fucked up. Nothing like waking up to the repo man at your door with your car on the back of his tow truck late on a Friday afternoon with 15 minutes to get your shit out of your car or risk never seeing it again.

3. What would the bank have to do with you not making your payment?

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I battled with the parking nazis for years with this one spot in the front of our office.

A 15-minute spot they'd check every 2-3 hours, and then mark your tires with chalk. I'd go out, see the chalk, then either back my car up a few spots or more it forward a few spots. Sometimes the chalk wouldn't rub completely off, I'd come back at the end of the day and there'd be a ticket waiting.

I came out of the office last week, done for the day, and the parking checker was just rolling up to my car. The meter had run out, so I made a mad dash for my car while screaming and waving my arms. She just laughed and rolled down to the next few cars. And for a brief few seconds, I actually liked her.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Like I said, they hold the loan; it's financed through the bank. My monthly payment goes to the loanholder. When said loanholder determines you don't have insurance in your new state, adds extra money to your monthly payments, but never tracks you down to notify you of that until the day they show up take your car because you didn't make extra payments you never knew about, then you end up making countless phone calls to almost exclusively clueless people before finally getting your car back, but not before paying the storage fee for the few things you didn't manage to get out of your car in the first place.

6. That would suck. Blood vessels are popping in my head just thinking about it. Did the bank apologize ... give ya a lollipop?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I didn't have to pay the hundreds of dollars in fees to store my car for five days. After A LOT of angry, frustrating phone calls.

Draft saved Draft deleted