1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parking Ticket Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So a while back I got a parking ticket. Really bogus, bullshit ticket, but rather than do anything with it I decided to ignore it, thinking enough things were changing I could ignore it and not really worry about it.

They've sent two letters to my old address, the second one saying they've referred me to a collection agency. They're also going to tell the DMV to flag my record so I can't renew or transfer my plates to another state, except I've already done that. As I said, everything has been sent to my old address. But the thing I'm concerned with is the collection agency. Should I be worried? Should I lie and say some mail to my old address never got to me? Or just pay it?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

What is it, 10-20 bucks? Just pay it to avoid a collection agency, which won't forget about you, and also to keep from this making its way onto a credit report. That's the real danger.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Just curious -- how much is the ticket now?

4. Flying Headbutt

It was 40 bucks, for again, a bullshit reason. Now it's 90.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

OK, so it's not TOTALLY out of hand yet. Just pay it.

One thing I used to do -- childish, I know.

I'd write something stupid in the memo line of my check like FUCKING BULLSHIT TICKET or EAT SHIT

Then I'd crumple it up, fold it and send it in.

Made me feel better in some small way.

6. Just ignore ... I've got $550 worth of tickets in my last city. I just make sure we take my wife's car whenever we visit.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, ignore it and go through the trouble of never driving said car in that town again. Brilliant.

Again, if it's in the hands of a collection agency, it could find its way onto a credit report, which will prove much more costly than $90.

8. Urban myth.

9. Flying Headbutt

Yeah, the collection agency is what has me worried. And being that I work, and often park where I got the ticket, my options are somewhat limited.

10. OK, curiosity has gotten the best of me, Headbutt. What was the bullshit reason?

11. Flying Headbutt

There are certain spaces that are two hour only spots. So, just before 2 hours are up, I moved my car trying to find an all day space in the garage. Driving around for 20 minutes, nothing. So I parked in a different two hour spot, on a different level even, and bam, 40 bucks.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is bullshit.

FUCK parking meter people. FUCK them hard. [/guy who has a ton of tickets to pay off]

Draft saved Draft deleted