1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parker gets personal with Marinelli

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

So you don't give him the same blithe "he made a mistake", all-he-needed-to-do-is-apologize treatment?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How many times will he have to apologize? Apologies for his actions are growing old.

3. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I was curious to see if NBC would run the clip on Football Night in America, but they used Marinelli's response to a different question about Barry asked by a different reporter.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Voice sounded the same on the Fox feed.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'd wondered how Parker has that job based solely upon some shockingly poor writing I've seen from him. Didn't know he also had this history of asswipish behavior. Honestly, how does he have that job?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

7. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Marinelli has said the same thing 22 times in the last 23 games - "it's on me." I'm not sure that's taking the blame as much as it is just refusing to say anything at all.

His problem/strength is that he's never going to call out any of his players or assistants. Parker has tried all season to change that, and Marinelli hasn't been willing.

My impression today was that, after several unsuccessful attempts at getting Marinelli to criticize Barry, Parker was going for a joke. I don't think Marinelli found it funny.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I am a Libertarian and I agree every station has a right to hire and fire who they want. My point, however, is that what he said he was not a fireable offense and was not offensive because, well, it was true.

Of course, this was just the start of what has now snowballed and become "let's appease the politically correct whiny assholes by trying to fire anyone who offends the sensibilities of a bunch of thin-skinned jackasses....."

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Aren't you a thin-skinned jackass for being offended by what some TV network does?

10. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Unless I missed something later in the show, FNIA only played a clip that involved Marinelli being asked about his sense of loyalty. That question wasn't asked by Parker.

11. Simon_Cowbell

that's a different thing altogether

12. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I know. I was just surprised that NBC didn't show the "do you ever wish your daughter had married a better defensive coordinator?" clip, especially since they have shown testy exchanges between the two of them in the past.

Draft saved Draft deleted