1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parker gets personal with Marinelli

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I love Bradshaw's response. Awesome.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Overboard? He was out of bounds. He asked if he "wished his daughter married a different defensive coordinator."

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rob is a friend but he doesn't get a pass on getting personal on this one. He was wrong. Hopefully, he will man up and apologize.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Overboard? Out of Bound? Hey, it all means the same thing Pete - He fucked up.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

So did Jimmy The Greek.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Who shouldn't have been fired for what he said, either......

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I wonder if ... drip... feels the same way.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I hope not, I don't want to have anything in common with that guy

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I thought you were a Libertarian. Wouldn't a TV network letting go of somebody because it doesn't agree with his views fall under its indisputable rights in your world?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Jimmy the greek fucked up in two ways. One, he was drunk. 2, He should've kept his mouth shut. While I felt sorry for him being in a drunken stupor, many things said in that state of mind are how a person really feels.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It was really a classless act, especially since Marinelli is taking blame for this season and owning up to the shortcomings of the Lions. Parker's comment/cheapshot was cruel and unnecessary and his reputation just took a massive hit.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's way past having an apology be sufficent. Was an apology good enough when he accused an MSU quarterback of beating up a hockey player? That's what he got away with, although the apology was the same half-assed, half-hearted one Albom made from St. Louis.
    Parker is the type of lazy journalist that gives all of us a bad name.
    He made a mistake? Not just one, it happens all the time.
    As HB said, there's nothing wrong with asking tough questions, but he crossed the line into a petty personal attack.
    It's time for him to go.
    Sports Final Edition could be fun tonight to watch the backpedal if he's on... detroitsj .. fill us in

Draft saved Draft deleted