1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parker gets personal with Marinelli

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who? DREW?

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Does anyone know if Parker has some beef with Marinelli or the Lions? I'm struggling to figure out what could have possibly gone through Parker's head on this.

Also, can anyone think of a comparable situation like this?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

1) He's just an idiot.
    2) It's a solid, not porous.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Not to offer an unsolicited interjection, but I can't stand the "control your destiny" phrase and edit it the hell out of there every time.

Once, I had a writer counter with, "Can I instead say they 'control their own fate?'"

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured those questions came from a talk-radio idiot trying to make a name for himself. Really appalling question, especially from the guy who thinks Daunte Culpepper is the answer for the Lions.
    It would be like Marinelli calling Parker out, saying if he were a better writer the News would still be publishing daily and telling the guy his mother must have not loved him for not persuading him against a career in journalism.
    Sadly, there are more guys like Parker in the biz than their used to be and fewer guys who would have smacked him down and told him you just don't do that. It's only going to get worse.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I can't understand how you edit that out without trading 3 words for 20.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2008/12/21/699313/fire-rob-parker

By the way, anyone have a clip of this? I never saw it.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Um, not to be a wise-ass but -- Exactly when did Rob Parker have credibility to lose?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That's one of the better fan blogs I've seen. Amazed by the number of editors it has. Good job, Pride.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rob made a mistake. He went overboard. He should and probably will apologize.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

It's in that blog post now.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Drippy,

Parker has beating the "Marinelli must be fired" drum for weeks now. Apparently, after ever loss, Parker all but challenges the coach to admit he is a failure.

There's nothing wrong with asking tough questions. This is unprofessional.

Draft saved Draft deleted