1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paris out already?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Mmac

Mmac Guest

The story now deserves some attention, but only because it opens the door for some debate on a legitimate issue, that being the way the rich and powerful in America are dispensed a different brand of justice than the poor and anonymous.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Paris was the subject of Letterman's Top Ten list last night.

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/index/php/20070606.phtml

My personal favorite:

No. 10: Suffering from insomnia because she's not used to sleeping in the same bed every night.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

exactly. i was ecstatic when she went off to prison. not because i hate her (which i do) or am jealous of her billions (which i'm not). but i love, love, love when people who think normal rules don't apply to them have to face the consequences that 99 percent of the population would face. that's all that was happening here. she should be confined to a state (or county, whatever) mental hospital, not her house. this is a fucking outrage.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Yeah, I mean, I've got friends who got DWIs or had international licenses that didn't transfer to the U.S. and they went months without driving. They just took cabs or bummed rides. I mean for Paris Hilton to tool around after losing her license, even though she could easily pay a chauffer or get a boyfriend to drive her around...that's just not giving a fuck about the law.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for her to get so drunk that she leaves her mansion without thinking about it. Then it's back to the joint and back to another act to get her out again.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, first time she leaves means back to the pokey.... hope she gets the late night munchies....

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The news coverage on so many networks ... even the TV Guide channel is doing non-stop coverage ... is all the more reason to NOT WATCH NETWORK TV. It's easy.

The only reason I knew Paris was in jail, then out, was because you guys are talking about it on here.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Glad w're her to hep sir... **tips hat, rides off into sunset...**

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I saw a news item that asked a former California prosecutor under what medical circumstances would someone get released in this manner. He replied that if you went to jail, found out you had terminal cancer and had three months to live, you might get an early release.
    Anything else, you go to the prison infirmary ... and do your time.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only in L.A....

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

According to a link on Drudge, the prosecutor and the judge are piiiiiiiissed about early release. Judge ought to call her up and throw her bony ass back in the can...hell, he would probably get appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court for that.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm thinking we'll see an investigation. some muckety-muck prosecutor or warden or local prison official is going to lose his job over this.

Draft saved Draft deleted