1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paris Hilton, give me a break

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, May 15, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'm sorry, she has talent? I'm terrified that you meant "she knows how to take a penis up her ass," but at least it'd be true.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Except it was her great-grandfather, not her father, who founded the hotel chain.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I believe "socialite" is the term used for Paris Hilton. In media terms, that translates to "yeah, we forgot why we give a shit about her, too."

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've also seen her and her "peers" referred to as "celebutantes."

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If that's all you're known for, you shouldn't be known.

Did you know Paris has two younger brothers? Why aren't stories written everytime they take a shit?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Her sister also conducts her life with a bit more discretion, for the most part. She's out there, but she's not in anyone's face the way Paris is.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Could somebody please tell me why I'm supposed to care about Paris Hilton?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If I knew the answer, I would tell you. Can't help you here.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Nicky Hilton:

[​IMG]

10. You're all missing the point; Paris does serve a purpose. She's the prototype for the lowest common denominator. The only thing separating her from fitting in quite nicely in a tornado-target mobile-home community is a measly billion bucks.
    Think about it, Paris is kinda like a little snow globe. You can't help but stare at her,
    she makes you laugh (at her, not with her), and there is some symbolism there (rich coke-whore does not equal happy or ideal). And you get occasional nudity (granted, not every snow globe provides this, but...)

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, but at least she picks her own nose, rather than hiring Nicole Richie to do it for her. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted