1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents to school board: Stop, you'll give our kids the gay!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Mar 8, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Maybe that's because she is anti-gay and anti-semetic.

Oh boo hoo. Have a wah-burger and some french cries. :'(

For one brief moment, you understood what it was like to be disliked or picked on because of what you believe. Doesn't feel good does it? Now try dealing with that feeling for a lifetime.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

But they aren't fanatics. ::)

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Ladies and gentlepeople, meet the creator of last night's "South Park" season premiere. ;)

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I find it comical that the bigot mom has eight kids. What a wonderful family she has. Chances are she is one of those drone wives that could be replaced with a dog as the husband will treat them no differently.

Sorry, but if your daughter is called an anti-Semite, chances are she said something deserving of the title.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Huh? I missed the show (didn't know there were new episodes). If I somehow channeled Mr./Mrs. Garrison I will be really, really embarassed.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't want to live in a world where you can't make fun of gays and Jews.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nice use of stereotyping in your stand against bigotry.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd tell you, but I'm afraid people are going to watch it later in the week and don't want to provide spoilers...

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I am deeply troubled by schools using tax dollars to promote the idea that homosexuals are people.

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Do straight students get to do the same things?

11. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I shouldn't have, but I laughed at this. Again, I shouldn't have.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is the same argument I often used in situations like this until I came to realize it's faulty.

Straight students are the majority. They are not in constant danger of being ostracized. They do not NEED to do the same things.

Draft saved Draft deleted