1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents say whiny kid shouldn't have been removed from plane

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I agree with the airline, but some of the reactions here... I know you're joking... but stuffing in the overhead compartment? tasering? duct tape?

Osama bin Laden doesn't get this kind of venom.

It's a child, folks. May you all be blessed with terrible brats who others want to 'taser.' ;D

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It's nice to see that, for once, the customer isn't always right.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I would not stuff a spoiled child in an overhead compartment.

I would make sure the spoiled child is loaded with the larger baggage.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I find this particularly ridiculous coming from Mr. I-never-put-a-hand-on-my-kids JR, who made the taser comment.

I know my 3-year-old can be a pain in the ass, but she's THREE.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What's the colour of that sarcasm font, again?

I tasered my kids once. They thought it was cool. :)

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understood the comment. Just didn't care for it from somebody who likes to lecture about how children should be treated.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sensitivity training has undesired effect.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You have a 3 yr old who doesn't want to get in her/his seat? You buckle them up. Two parents sitting in one row and the kid in another? That's ridiculous. We've got two boys, now 5 and 7, and I remember they were less than stellar on the plane at times but you have to be firm and let them know that at times they have to follow the rules. This is just a hint of the rest of the parent/child issues that this family has. 15 mins is a long time to get the kid in her seat. At most, it should only take a couple of minutes. Yeah kids cry, but everyone else did when they were kids too. But don't delay a flight.

9. all I have to say is, as a black kid...we knew better about tantrums growing up. That is all.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The people on the Moroccan bus in Babel agree with AirTran.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're right...tasering and duct tape and the overhead compartment are just indications that we are too permissive with our children.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted