1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents of toddlers alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

My kid likes the Doodlebops. But then he speaks a language that has yet to be translated.

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

"Daddy, I want some moloko with my eggywegs."

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My daughter (one year old this Tuesday!) is obsessed by Dora the Explorer, Oobi (a creepy show on Noggin) and Eebie (which is on one of our free On Demand stations). And the Bruce Springsteen/Seeger Sessions Band Great Performances special on PBS that I've been brainwashing her with.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You BANNED Tom and Jerry?
    That's like banning breathing.
    Bubs. WTF? I am so disillusioned.
    I always pegged you as laughing at parents that did that -- driving their volvo or minivan on the way to soccer practice or picking up seven-grain organic bread and putting it in their cloth shopping bag...

To paraphrase Jimmy Buffett, are you the people our parents warned us about?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

As the unofficial Mom of SportsJournalists.com, may I suggest lifting the ban on Tom and Jerry? (Strongly urge? Insist? Or at least get a reason why!?)

Tom and Jerry cartoons are not going to turn young children into psychotic mass murderers. I promise.

Although the Rosebuds are teens, they still like cartoons (as does their mom.) I recently purchased a DVD of Pink Panther cartoons which has become a huge hit.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rock on little Webbina. I subjected my kids to the CD in the car. They actually listed to it and asked questions. Usually they refuse to listen to anything I would want to hear just on principle.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

PBS Sprout is safe now that Melanie has been fired. I always knew she was a tramp, she just had that look in her eyes.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fairly Oddparents had a Pink Floyd reference today. I'm hooked.

9. Tom and Jerry, the lovable cat and mouse locked in cartoon combat, is a Jewish conspiracy

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48996

Mr. Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
    Cartman: When you are tying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This guy is so nutty, he could be my next BIL... if I had another sheep of a sister

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Jack Hack is fascinated by most of the PBS Sprout stuff, especially Bob the Builder and Elmo.

And Bubbler, what gives with the Tom and Jerry ban? Did your kid beat you over the head with an ironing board? Or did you step on a rake when you were chasing him?

12. part-timer

part-timer Member

Where's the love for Calliou? My 2-year old loves the bald, whiny French-Canadian. Is this what I have to look forward to when she starts dating?

Draft saved Draft deleted