1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parenthood Season 6: Will someone die with the show?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Sep 27, 2014.

1. joe

joe Active Member

I like the show — a lot — but I find myself strangely hoping for a drone strike. There's about six or seven who could go.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's a Sarah-free episode! I liked that they made a not-so-subtle nod to that. I enjoyed this one, perhaps in part because of that. But it wasn't a great week for likeable Braverman performances.

1. Max: This is too great. I'm sorry, but I'm in.
    2. Drew: Great episode for him, reversing roles.
    3. Nora: Sit, Otis! DAMN IT, OTIS, SIT!
    4. Adam: He handled every situation like he always handles every situation: perfectly. Really makes you think Crosby might be overreacting about the Luncheonette ... until the Luncheonette closes.
    5. Amber: That guy sucked anyway. You'll be fine. I love you.
    6. Joel: Jesus, man, that scene at Adam's barbecue was one of the most stomach-twisting moments this show has had. Joel has had a really rough season. But ultimately much of it is his own doing.
    7. Jasmine: She made the right decision. She got a little bit too attitude-y about it, but I get it.
    8. Victor: Basketball is better than baseball.
    9. Sydney: She was mostly very pleasant but should be smart enough to know that Chris is the enemy.
    10. Camille: See Zeek.
    11. Zeek: The macho stuff isn't going away, and he had a nice, earnest moment with Crosby. but I really wish he wouldn't be such a dick to his wife sometimes, even when she's being obnoxious.
    12. Jabbar: What do you even do? It's pretty clear Jabbar is not getting a story line this season, which is fine.
    13. Kristina: I had her several spots lower until she redeemed herself at the end.
    14. Julia: It's tough to blame or not to blame her for what Joel is going through. This week, I'm in the mood to blame. Aside: What happened to Timm?
    15. Crosby: Pull yourself together dickhead.

Missing were Sarah, Hank, Haddie and Aida.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Kudos again, Vers.

I haven't read anything on it, but isn't Haddie pretty much gone from the show with Sarah Ramos going to school? I understand getting your college education, but the chance to be in a top network drama doesn't come along very often. Columbia isn't going anywhere. Parenthood will be gone in a couple months.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's why they wrote her off starting in Season 4, actually. But at this point they are pretty much committed to her being away. I hope she gets one more episode to shine in. She was a very good character for those first three seasons.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

What happened to Evan Knight? Wasn't he going to help with the school? Am I forgetting something...wasn't he poking Julia last season or was that a one-off?

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I don't get the love for Joel.

If Sydney isn't the one killed off, right now I'm hoping for Crosby.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Last season, he was terrible. But for all five others, he's been a very good person. That's a very relatable issue. We all have our bad seasons.

8. old_tony

Let's not forget that he was being a dick because Julia had kissed that obnoxious dude from Sydney's school.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Don't forget Harmony's mom in Season 1.

10. old_tony

You're right. I had completely forgotten about that.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to be pretty disappointed when Joel gets his foot back in the door. And it's a-comin'.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I hadn't watched last week's episode until last night. I really liked it. The contrast between Adam being the one with faith that things will work themselves out and Crosby worrying and being cynical shows how much the characters have grown since Season 1. The same was more on the nose but still effective with Amber's story line. And the Max's crush thing is great.

Draft saved Draft deleted