1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parent offended that we didn't stress a team's first goal of the season

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RedSmithClone, Oct 1, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I've never done this with my two kids -- occupational by-product -- but they nonetheless notice what goes in the local podunk news. When they've been in there -- I have excellent kids, and they end up in the paper -- everybody they knew said something to them about it. So despite my best efforts, they have come to value being in the newspaper. I'd submit it's not just the kids' parents. It's every adult in town. Except me.

2. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Apparently so do sheep:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was thinking that myself.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well played. You deserve your name in the paper for hustling to get that photo up here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I used to like parents when I was growing up. I got along with all of them, just not my own. Now I hate parents -- just about all of them. It's a good thing I kind of hate myself now. It'll ease the transition if I ever become a parent.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If you'd just hustle you wouldn't hate yourself. And you'd deserve to have your name in the paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted