1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parent of the week award

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 11, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/440948

Sending your 7 year old to school with a swastika on her body isn't funny but the mother's explanation is:

WINNIPEG–She freely admits that her 7-year-old daughter was sent to school sporting a swastika – the Nazi emblem adopted as a symbol of racially motivated hate groups.

She says she's not a neo-Nazi, just proud of her northern European heritage.

And here's the quote that all us folks with Scottish ancestry will embrace:

"I would never consider myself a neo-Nazi," she said. "I consider myself a proud Scottish chick."

And this is a city that wants an NHL franchise? :)

2. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Where do we find these people?

If she is, indeed, a proud Scottish chick (and a proud Canadian), then she should, at least, have a passing knowledge of the Essex Scottish Regiment. The Canadian regiment, complete with pipes and tartans, fought well at Dieppe before being slaughtered at Verrierres Ridge, opening the way for the break out from the Normandy beaches.

That, you silly woman, is something worthy of pride.

Draft saved Draft deleted