1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parade of Liars: Biggest Fraud commercials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Nov 21, 2007.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

I've had my fill with smiling "I care about you" expressions coming at me through my TV set, wanting me to buy this, buy that.

What commercial pisses you off the most?

1) The blonde from crazyfox.com: This privileged twit was born into money. And what happened to the stocky redhead who told us "With all the money I made from home, I bought a new home?" Sold the business to crazyfox.com, which opened like many Chinese restaurants, under a new name.

2) Any drug commercial, period. Doctors prescribe meds.

If you're going to con me, at least let me get a laugh out of it.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Charles Schwab commercials are such smarmy bullshit.

Not to mention that the founder/attentionhound in question is such an irritant, in his own right . . .

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I HATE those ads. I cannot stand that awful style of animation they use, the same kind that was used in "A Scanner Darkly". Ugh.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

To be fair, those commercials were out before "A Scanner Darkly."

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Those commercials for Schwab suck. Bad.

But I'll buy anything that Billy Mays is selling. N-E-THING! No way would he lie to me and sell me something that doesn't work. (and to be honest, Oxyclean DOES work)

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Those Christmas Garmin navigator commercials.

As if I didn't hate that crappy piece of music in the first place. Lets put some stupid words to it as well, and double the idiocy.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

They all drive me crazy! You'd have to pay me a lot of money to watch a minute of that movie.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

1. Any fancy-ass car commercial that breaks out some $30,000 vehicle going around hairpin turns, with the words "Professional driver, closed course, do not attempt" in small letters at the bottom of the screen.

2. "You deserve a break today." How the hell do they know!? I might be a serial killer.

3. Taco Bell showing a hot-off-the-grill quesadilla being eaten in a fucking igloo.

4. Any debt consolidation company that acts like they give a shit about my needs.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Sonic commercials are horrible, just horrible.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think those are funny, for the most part.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

The only commercials I sit through are the Mercury car ads featuring the hot brunette. The rest, I change the channel.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Movies on Demand commercials. They show a clip from a movie, let's say some horror flick that gets you watching it, then abruptly you hear some woman interrupt by saying "Movies on Demand, shown on channel .... "

It's such a contrast, and a letdown from the movie clip.

Draft saved Draft deleted